This server list is designed for use by members and others interested in the goals of the International Arctic Social Sciences Association (IASSA). The organization was founded in 1990 to represent Arctic social scientists in international contexts and to provide a network for social scientists working and/or living in the North. Among IASSA's objectives are efforts to ensure that social sciences research is carried out in accordance with ethical principles approved by indigenous peoples and other Northern residents. IASSA also seeks to develop and enhance educational programs that will provide northern residents and those interested in the North with information necessary to improve social, economic, and political conditions in Northern communities.
Information, questions, and communications on this server list will deal broadly with issues affecting Arctic social sciences and with matters of interest to IASSA members. Contributions may include announcements of meetings or conferences, news about upcoming IASSA activities, information about new publications of interest to Arctic social scientists, job announcements, or requests for contacts regarding scholar investigations of particular topics. Postings should be those of interest to a wide audience and not for a particular person (use email for this purpose).
As of 2004 all IASSA.Net messages must be approved by the listserv administrator before they are posted in order to keep viruses, scams and spam off the list.
Subscribing to IASSA.Net
To subscribe to this list, send an email message to
. In your email requesting to subscribe, please note who you are and why you would like to subscribe to IASSA.Net.
Guidelines for use of IASSA.Net
1. Topics should be related to professional interests of Arctic social scientists. Items that are strictly for personal interest should be sent through email.
2. All those posting items to the list should include a name and email address with their contributions. Otherwise, subscribers will not know who sent the message or how to respond to you personally.
3. All formatting in your message will automatically be cleared before it is sent out to list subscribers. If you want some part of your text to stick out you can capitalize the words.
4. Some subscribers may not be able to receive attachments over this listserv, so if you send attachments please include all necessary information in the message as well.
5. Comments or suggestions about this list should be sent to the listserv administrator
or, if she is unavailable,
To post a message to IASSA.Net, send your email message to
. Once it is approved by the listserv administrator, it will be distributed to all list subscribers.